6.18.2010

#3 - Cars and Cash... and no, this isn't a rap song...

 Well, to start things off my car is fixed!  I can’t tell you how absolutely thankful I am that my car is functioning like cars are supposed to function.  I do have to say that Summit Car Care Center in Fort Wayne Indiana did a great job… Thankfully what was wrong with the car was not catastrophic but let’s just say, if I thought I was broke before, you should look at me now.  Not only did I buy that computer off of my friend but the next day I had to dump $284 into putting a rebuilt starter into my car.  If we do a little basic math, that’s $434 out of my account in about 24 hours.  I had been putting some cash aside for the computer so that wasn’t as large of a hit but the car repair was a bit of a whopper. 

Between what I had in my bank account and what I hadn’t transferred over yet from my unemployment I had roughly $303 to my name.  This amount would have been less if I had not met with my bank 3 days ago to dispute a charge to my account.  Because they waived the fee and gave me that money back I had enough to cover the repair… if it hadn’t worked out exactly like that I would have been $31 short.

As I started really looking at the situation and examining the intricacies I was like, God really came through on this.  Instead of being short $31, I had $19 left over, I got to have some great conversation with people I don’t get to see too often anymore and I think I may have found a new place to take my car.  As I step back and look at it I kind of start to think to myself that God was kind of showing off in how He orchestrated everything and that it worked out so perfectly.  It’s in those moments that it really hits me that, He isn’t necessarily showing off, He’s orchestrating things in a way so that it makes me take NOTICE.  Life throws us curve balls and situations and circumstances that we think we have a handle on but He comes through with solutions that are so far out of our league that they have no other option but to be His work.  He’s not showing off, He’s showing up and making sure that we recognize it.

Well, at least that is where I’ve ended up today… tomorrow may be a different interpretation of the events but that’s where I’ve ended up today.

Blogger-out

No comments:

Post a Comment